Students who have limited financial resources to pursue university education and students who come with a high record of academic excellence can apply for financial aid at AUT. Financial support at AUT is given as one of the following:
- Scholarships for students who achieved academic excellence at high school.
- Work study, a percentage deducted from the tuition fee only, that helps students pay for their education and gain work experience.
A. Merit Scholarship Program:
- Excellence Scholarship: Applicants, ranked first during each of their final secondary years, shall be granted an Excellence Scholarship covering 100% of the tuition fees, excluding the Registration, Technology and NSSF fees. Granting this scholarship requires the following final score average: LS, GS ≥ 16; ES ≥ 15; H ≥ 14.
- Early-Bird Scholarship: Applicants, who have outstanding high school grades (a minimum general average of 14/20 and above) during their last three secondary years, shall be granted an Early-Bird Scholarship* excluding the Registration, Technology and NSSF fees. Granting this scholarship requires the following final score average: LS, GS ≥ 16; ES ≥ 15; H ≥ 14.
Scholarships Guiding Principles:
* For the Faculty of Business Administration and Faculty of Applied Sciences (Concentrations: Computer Sciences and Information Technology), in addition to the above conditions, applicants must have a minimum of 14/20 in Math during their secondary years).
* Final Secondary Years: Grade 10, Grade 11, first term of Grade 12.
- Athletics Scholarship: Talented athletes, who are selected to join AUT sports teams, shall benefit from an Athletics Scholarship ranging between 10% and 75% on the tuition fees, excluding the Registration, Technology and NSSF fees. The grant of this scholarship depends on coaches’ reports and recommendations as well as students’ academic performance (minimum a GPA of 2.7/4).
- Baccalaureate Scholarship: Applicants, who obtain a Very Good Mark on their official Baccalaureate (Lebanese, International or French) and have a general average of 15/20 and above during their final secondary years, shall be granted a Baccalaureate Scholarship covering 100% of the tuition fees, excluding the Registration, Technology and NSSF fees.
- Executive Scholarship: Schools’ administrative members and teaching personnel, who wish to apply for Master’s degree or Teaching Diploma – TD at AUT, shall be granted an Executive Scholarship covering 20% of the tuition fees, excluding the Registration, Technology and NSSF fees. The grant of this scholarship depends on applicants’ admission eligibility and stands for up to 3 years maximum.
- The Antoine Hinain Scholarship bears the value of USD 2500 per year and goes to new students who enroll in any Science major (Nutrition, Computer Science or Water Resources Science) and who come from Life Science backgrounds with averages in Biology and Chemistry equal to or higher than 13 over 20. It can be offered to one or more recipients. Priority is given to students born in the Baabda Caza then to students born in the Caza of Kesrwan. If neither condition exists among new students, then it is up to the discretion of the committee made up of the AUT President, the Director of Admission and the VP External Relations to decide on the recipient(s). The conditions to maintain the scholarship are ethical behavior and a GPA of 3.0 and above.
- The Advisory Board Scholarships are valid for any major at AUT in all three faculties and amounts granted vary according to high school scores. The conditions to maintain those scholarships are ethical behavior and a GPA of 3.0 and above.
B. Financial Support Program:
- Need-Based Financial Aid: Students, who are no longer qualified to maintain any type of scholarship, can apply for a financial aid service.
- Financial Aid File: Students submit their financial aid application and prepare the required documents. Once they receive a call from AUT, applicants must bring the required documents and get interviewed at our Financial Aid Office. The Financial Aid committee studies each case and provides a discount on tuition fees accordingly.
Financial Aid is granted according to the applicants’ family social and financial situations. The deadline for application is September 2022.
For any questions or inquiries, please contact us on:
Tel: +961 9 478 143 / 4 / 5 or Email: [email protected]