Master of Business Administration Program
The Graduate Business Program-Masters of Business Administration- MBA
The mission of the graduate business program is to effectively bridge the gap between academia and the marketplace through the integration of market challenges into its program, the responsiveness of its curricula to the emerging needs of the local and regional markets, and to provide the market with total solutions via application- oriented education, executive training, consulting and research.
Why choose the AUT MBA Program?
1. Our Faculty are academic scholars in their field and possess a market-based experience. Emphasis is placed not only on acquiring a strong theoretical background, but is also coupled with extensive practical know-how
2. Our Campus Infrastructure allows for state-of-the-art technology equipment at the disposal of students
3. Our Learning Environment encourages students to innovate and test new concepts and ideas through research and a self-discovery process
4. Our Programs include extensive research projects to get students prepared for professional success, and are designed to provide knowledge and enhance the potentials and competencies of graduates
5. Our Curricula which are responsive to the local and regional market needs, effectively bridge the gap between academia and the market place through integration of market challenges into the program.
6. Our collaboration with prestigious universities and faculty members from top universities add an international flavor to our program. Some of our MBA courses are taught in collaboration with faculty from Université de Toulouse, University of London, London School of Economics, Babson College and others and certificates are delivered for each course taken with foreign universities at AUT.
What concentrations do we offer?
There are six concentration areas for the AUT MBA:
Management Information Systems
Full time or Part time?
These programs offer applicants the flexibility of being either full-time students, or of pursuing a degree while working. The majority of current students are employed in different industries and were even encouraged to pursue their MBA studies at AUT by their employers who already have had a good experience with the program.
Duration of the Program
The master program at AUT is a 39-credit-hour program that is fully accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education. With completion of 33 credit hours, students will be eligible to submit proposal for a 6-credit thesis to conduct a research on a topic related to their field of study. The Faculty Dean shall assign a due date, a supervisor and a reader to support the student towards completion of the program. Alternatively, students may choose to pursue a non-thesis master degree where they submit a 3-credit research project after completion of 36 credit hours.
A joint program in Supply Chain and Logistics is offered with Arab Academy for Science Technology and Maritime Transport (Alexandria, Egypt). Furthermore the AUT MBA program includes courses offered by Université de Toulouse, University of London, Babson College and by faculty from London School of Economics- LSE and University College London- UCL.
The Faculty of Business at AUT is now a member of AACSB and is working on earning an accreditation from this international body.
1. Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
2. A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.7 on a 4-point scale or equivalent is required.
Students coming from institutions where the language of instruction is not English may be required to take the TOEFL exam and get a minimum score of 550 (213 computer based or 80 on iBT). Internationally recognized English examinations other than TOEFL may be considered.
Required Documents for Application to Graduate Programs at AUT
1. A Completed Graduate Program Application Form
2. Personal Statement of Purpose
3. Official Transcripts and Graduation Diploma and Attestation
4. International applicants are required to present an equivalency of their degree from the Lebanese Ministry of Education
5. Proof of English language proficiency as required
6. Two recent passport-size color photographs
7. A photocopy of valid passport and visa (for International Applicants)
8. A photocopy of the Lebanese identity card
9. A recent family civil status record
10. A non-refundable application fee of US $ 50
For the 2020-21 Cohort: The total fee for the MBA online program including registration, insurance and activity fees is $7000 payable in USD or equivalent in Leb pounds at the official rate (for residents in Lebanon only). Only NSSF amount (if needed) and Technology Fee (in USD) are added.
The $7000 fee can be paid over the first two semesters ($3500 per semester) or over four semesters ($1750 per semester). Payments can be made online. No refunds possible
MBA Program (39 Credits)
|Major Core Requirements||27 credits|
|BUS||600||Quantitative Methods for Business Decisions||3|
|HRM||602||Strategic Human Resources Management||3|
|MGT||601||Strategic Management & Planning||3|
|MIS||602||Managing Information in Organizations||3|
|MKT||609||Strategic Marketing Management||3|
|*BUS||689||* MBA Thesis||3|
|Emphasis – Accounting||12 credits|
|ACC||603||Accounting Standards & Valuation Principles||3|
|ACC||606||Performance Evaluation & Budgeting Techniques||3|
|ACC||608||Advanced Corporate Accounting||3|
|ACC||613||Accounting Information Technology||3|
|Emphasis – Management||12 credits|
|MGT||603||Managing Change in Organizations||3|
|Emphasis – Marketing||12 credits|
|MKT||608||Sales & Trade Promotion||3|
|MKT||615||Product & Brand Management||3|
|MKT||616||Digital Marketing Strategy||3|
|Emphasis – Banking & Finance||12 credits|
|FIN||605||Investment Analysis & Portfolio Management||3|
|FIN||606||Bank Management & Financial Regulations||3|
|FIN||607||Global Business Finance||3|
|FIN||608||Bank Credit and Risk Management||3|
|Emphasis – Hospitality & Tourism Management||12 credits|
|HOM||601||Revenue Strategies & Yield Management||3|
|HOM||602||Crisis Management in the Hospitality Industry||3|
|HOM||611||Sustainability Management in Hospitality||3|
|HOM||612||Hospitality Service Marketing & Ethics||3|
|Emphasis – Management Information Systems||12 credits|
|MIS||607||Customer Relationship Management||3|
|MIS||609||Business Intelligence & Information Security||3|
|Emphasis – Human Resources Management||12 credits|
|HRM||611||Human Resources Planning & Development||3|
|HRM||612||Occupational Safety & Health||3|
|Emphasis – School Administration||12 credits|
|SLA||640||School Leadership & Management||3|
|SLA||642||Managing School Budget & Finances||3|
|SLA||644||Curriculum Development & Learning Styles||3|
|SLA||645||School Structure & Organization||3|
|Emphasis – Entrepreneurship||12 credits|
|ENT||644||Women and Diversity in Entrepreneurship||3|
|ENT||655||Micro Enterprise Mentoring||3|
|Emphasis – Supply Chain and Logistics Management||12 credits|
|SCM||602||Strategic Supply Chain Management||3|
|SCM||603||Imports/Exports Logistics Management||3|
|SCM||604||Supply Chain Modeling||3|
|Two Remedial courses are required for non-business major background:|
|BUS||500||Survey of Management & Marketing||3|
|BUS||510||Survey of Accounting & Finance||3|